Patient & Visitor Code of Conduct
Boston Orthopaedic & Spine is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment at our practice and follows a zero-tolerance policy for aggressive behavior against our staff, patients, and visitors. Anyone who does not comply with this Code of Conduct is subject to removal from the office and/or discharge from the practice. Our staff is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Please show them the respect they deserve as they carry out their duties.
Prohibited behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Inappropriate words
- Profane, disrespectful, insulting, demeaning, hostile, or abusive language
- Shaming others for negative outcomes
- Threats of harm, intimidation, or coercive behavior
- Inappropriate arguments with patients, family members, staff or other care providers
- Outbursts of anger and/or rudeness
- Behavior that others would describe as bullying
- Intimidating or harassing staff or other patients and/or visitors
- Physically assaulting or threatening to inflict bodily harm
- Possessing firearms or any weapon while in the office
- Offensive comments or gestures about others’ race, accent, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or other personal traits. Refusing to see a clinician or other staff member based on these personal traits.
If you are subjected to any of these behaviors or witness inappropriate behavior, please report it to the office’s supervisor and/or manager. We welcome and appreciate your feedback about your experience. We strive to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, visitors, patients, and their families. Your input helps us to continue and improve the care we provide. Thank you for your cooperation.